Protect What Is Yours With A Prenuptial Agreement
There are many reasons why a prenuptial or premarital agreement may be right for you. If you are a high-income individual, business owner or embarking on a second marriage, prenuptial agreements are especially crucial in preserving what you’ve worked so hard for. Remember, the decisions you make now will affect not only your life, but also those of your children and grandchildren. As much as we’d like to believe otherwise, people change, lives change and marriages fail. Having a premarital agreement safeguards against that possibility and makes sure you walk away from a marriage with what’s rightfully yours.
Effective premarital agreements take into account:
- Anticipating potential property division issues
- Protecting your assets in the event of a sudden death, illness or catastrophe
- Ensuring a legacy goes to your designated heirs
- Making sure a business remains in the family and gaining a clear sense of your business’s worth
- Having the peace of mind that comes from knowing your financial situation is secure
Skilled, Thorough And Cost-Conscious Prenuptial Agreements
Strong prenuptial agreements begin by understanding the entirety of your financial situation. We will help you determine what is important to you and the kinds of goals you have for your prenuptial or premarital agreement. What do you need to protect? What do you want to preserve? Once we understand the entire picture, we draw on our resources and create an effective prenuptial agreement that addresses your needs.