Compassionate Guidance Through Difficult Personal Times
Cross Glazier Reed Burroughs Staff
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Child-Related Issues
  4.  » Jurisdictional Issues In Divorce

Thorough Guidance In Jurisdictional Divorce Matters

Due to increasing mobility in Indiana and throughout our nation, it is common for individuals to relocate after getting married. This can create confusion in the event of a divorce. Our Indiana divorce lawyers can help you sift through the complexities involving jurisdictional issues in divorce, guiding you toward an ultimately successful resolution.

Were you married in Indiana, but now live in another state? Were you married in another state and now reside in Indiana? Do you live in Indiana, but want to relocate across the country with your children? Jurisdictional issues in divorce such as these can seem complicated upon first glance. However, with help from Cross Glazier Reed Burroughs, PC, you can have full confidence that your attorney has complete knowledge of how to handle your legal matter.

Where Do I File For Divorce?

“Where do I file for divorce?” This is a question our Indiana divorce attorneys are asked frequently. To file for divorce in Indiana, you must have lived in the state for six months prior to filing. Additionally, you must have lived in the county in which you are filing for divorce for three months.

In addition to answering questions about where to file for divorce, our attorneys answer questions such as:

  • What state can issue a divorce decree to terminate my marriage?
  • If I have not lived in Indiana for six months, where do I file?
  • If I moved to another state less than six months ago, where do I file?
  • Can I file a child custody request in one state and a child support request in another state?
  • Can I enforce child support orders from other states while living in Indiana?

Determining which state has jurisdiction can be a seamless process with help from our law firm.

Contact Our Office For More Information

To learn more about jurisdictional issues in divorce and to schedule a consultation, contact Cross Glazier Reed Burroughs, PC, at 317-669-9134 or complete our online contact form.