Beth A. Barnes,
Beth A. Barnes focuses her practice exclusively in the area of family law. She made the transition to family law in May 2016 after spending six years in civil litigation that comprised of family law, insurance defense, personal injury, collections, and bankruptcy. Beth represents clients with all types of family law issues including: divorce and legal separation; custody; parenting time (visitation); child support; paternity; prenuptial and postnuptial agreements; post-decree modification and enforcement; contempt actions; guardianships; emancipation; relocations; adoptions; protective orders; and Guardian Ad Litem work. Beth represents clients at both the trial and appellate level. Beth has been named a "Rising Star" by Indianapolis Monthly Super Lawyers magazine for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021.
Beth received her Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology in 2003 from Ball State University. She earned her Juris Doctorate from Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis in December 2009 where she was a member of the Appellate Clinic, Indiana Health Law Review, Order of the Barristers in the Stanton Intramural Moot Court Competition, and served as the Secretary and member of the Indianapolis Bar Association Law Student Division Board.
Beth joined Cross Glazier Reed Burroughs, P.C. in May 2016. She was admitted to practice in the State of Indiana on May 17, 2010, as well as, both the Northern and Southern District Federal Courts of Indiana. Beth is a member of the American Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association, and Indianapolis Bar Association.
When not working, Beth spends her time raising her three children, being an active member of her church, traveling with friends and family, returning to the family farm, attending sporting events, cooking, baking and spending time with her family and pets.
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 2009
- Ball State University , Muncie, Indiana
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2003
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Indianapolis Bar Association, 2014 to Present
- Hume, Smith, Geddes, Green & Simmons, LLP, Senior Associate/Associate, 2011 to 2016
- Robbins Law Office, Contract Attorney, 2010 to 2011
- Negligence, Medical Malpractice, Vicarious Liability, or Patient Responsibility: Who Should Pay When A Patient Contracts MRSA From A Healthcare Facility?, 7 Ind. Health L. Rev. 335 , 2010
- Indianapolis Bar Association, 2010 to Present
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2010 to Present
- American Bar Association, 2010 to Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- Trained Guardian Ad Litem
- Family Law 100%
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2010
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015-2022