Compassionate Guidance Through Difficult Personal Times
Cross Glazier Reed Burroughs Staff
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Divorce
  4.  » Post-Divorce Issues

Advocating For Your Rights As You Face Post-Divorce Issues

Whether your divorce is resolved through a settlement agreement or is the product of a contested divorce decree, as time passes, the conditions upon which the agreement or decree was based can change. When there are substantial changes in circumstances, it may become appropriate to modify the terms of the decree as it relates to child custody, parenting time, support and other child-related issues. As an involved party, you may be the one seeking a modification or the one contesting a modification. Additionally, when a party fails to comply with court orders — such as fails to pay child support — the initiation of a contempt proceeding may be necessary.

Cross Glazier Reed Burroughs, PC, can step in to help solve your post-divorce problem. Whether you require an Indiana post-divorce modification lawyer or enforcement lawyer, we can assist you.

Post-Divorce Modification

A modification to the original divorce decree as it relates to issues affecting your children may be granted if there has been a substantial and continuing change in circumstances. Child custody, child support and relocation issues are among those most commonly handled by our Indianapolis post-divorce issues attorneys. Some reasons clients require assistance include:

  • Job loss
  • Disability that affects income
  • Change in work schedule
  • Child wants to attend college
  • Child requires long-term medical care
  • Parental relocation with children

You may require assistance from a Carmel or Indianapolis post-divorce issues attorney if the other party has failed to comply with the divorce decree. This problem most often arises in child support matters when the parent responsible for paying support fails to make the payments. Enforcement can also include property division issues. For example, if one party was ordered to sell the marital home as part of the property settlement agreement and has failed to do so, an enforcement action may be necessary.

Contact An Indianapolis Post-Divorce Issues Attorney

To learn more about how Cross Glazier Reed Burroughs, PC, can assist with your post-divorce issue, please call 317-669-9134 or complete our online contact form.