Compassionate Guidance Through Difficult Personal Times
Cross Glazier Reed Burroughs Staff
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Child Custody
  4.  » An attorney can help modify your child custody order

An attorney can help modify your child custody order

On Behalf of | Jul 25, 2015 | Child Custody |

Disagreements over child custody may not always be easy to deal with. When parents cannot agree on this particular issue, they may do whatever they can to prove to the court that their child deserves to be living with them and that the other parent should only be granted visitation. While one parent may be the better option for the child, when a case like this is taken to court, the decision is ultimately left up to the judge.

Following one parent being awarded custody, the other parent may not feel as though this decision was fair. He or she may believe that the child should be spending an equal amount of time with both parents despite what the courts have decided. This may lead to them requesting to have the child custody order modified.

It is not uncommon for parents who wish to modify the child custody order to seek the assistance of an attorney. In this particular situation, people must follow a process to do such a thing, and even if the parent requesting this modification follows every step of the process correctly, it doesn’t guarantee that the child custody order will be modified. With an attorney by your side, you may have a better chance at proving to the courts that you deserve to see your child more. If this happens, your request to modify the order may be granted.

Anyone experiencing difficulty with their child custody arrangement may want to contact an attorney. At Cross, Pennamped, Woolsey & Glazier, PC there are knowledgeable attorneys who may be able to assist with your case. Child custody is not always easy to deal with, but luckily you do not have to face these difficulties alone.




American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
Super Lawyers
ISBA Sustaining Member